Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Winter Wonderland...

Last week we finally got a real amount of snow in this area. I am a fan of winter weather (as long as people know how to drive that is) so it was cool to look out of the office window on Tuesday and see the snow coming down. Little did I know that the next day I would awake to find the temperature in my apartment quickly dropping because my electricity was out. GREAT!!! Not only that but I naturally woke up early enough to make it to work on time, so I didn't even get to sleep in....DAMNIT!!! LOL.

I head out to work thinking that by the time I get home everything would be cool but no such luck. I was without electricity and the comfort of home for 3 days. I guess there really is something to that saying "watch what you ask for" because I would have been the first to say I wanted it to snow...Ha! Ask me that sh*t now. LOL!!!

Funny thing is some good actually did come out of it. I have been having a tough time adjusting to living alone again since I moved into my new home . After staying with my grandparents again and sleeping on my cousins floor, all those issues are now an afterthought.

Feeling homeless sort has a way of making you appreciate what you have. LMAO!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger T.a.c.D said...

cot dag it...you know i live right there...I was only out for one day, BUT I think that is ONLY because I am RIGHT next door to the town center, and if OUR stuff had still been off while they were lit up like Christmas, our community (which is HUGE by the way) would have went OFF! so I think that is the ONLY reason we got our power back that night...I know the feeling you had though because I honestly just wanted to be in my own home...it really makes you appreciate it!

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home