Monday, December 11, 2006

It was all a dream....or maybe it's a video...???

The setting:
Saturday Night!
DC nightlife!
Kickin' it with Mike, Randall, Mannie, Vinnie, and some other dude that Randall is cool with (Can't remember his name....LOL!)!


I decided this weekend it was time for me to go out on my monthly outing (I don't party much these days unless it's for an occasion) so I linked up with some friends. We had a full agenda of at least 3 spots to hit starting with Lucky Strike in China Town DC. We were there for the Birthday celebration of a friend of Mike's named Crystal so we got some drinks, mingled, and took some pics.



(me not knowing I was in the picture...LOL)





(me a little better prepared although I don't know what's up with my smile in this one)


So then we departed our friends at the bowling alley and headed out to Cafe Asia (which is the inspration for this blog) and this is where the story takes a turn.

First let me say that I hate dipset and all things related to such detriments to society.

Okay so we get to Cafe Asia and we are on "the list" so we are supposed to be getting in free but you know how we come out for free sh*t so the line for the people on "the list" was actually the only damn line there and the people who didn't get in that line seemed to be the only ones that actually made it in for free....ain't that a b*tch! But that's only the start of this night....we walk in the joint and these bama have some kind of theme going on which calls for them to use half of the dance floor as a beauty salon for the first 30 -45 minutes (WTF). I was so lost by this cause the DJ wasn't even talking about what was going on, they just had it there for us to see. Basically it was some useless sh*t! LOL.

So after they got done with that they cleared the dance floor and people got out there and tried there hand at partying. It was pretty hard for me at times because it's rare for me to hear more than 2 songs back to back that I actually like in the club these days (did I mention that I am disgusted by the degradation of rap music that has been spearheaded by people like dipset). So once the party gets going these 3 dudes and 3 girls get up on the stage and start dancing...pretty normal at first except that the women have on very sexy "outfits". After a few minutes the dudes come out of there shirts and all the girls on the dancefloor start squealing....which was actually pretty damn funny to me but really some bama sh*t for the dudes who were throwing the party to do. I mean who came up with this bright idea to take the girls attention off of the dudes who threw the party or are in the party....genius!

Well I guess they had plans of there own with the little stunt because the next thing I know they are playing 'Baaaliiiiiiin' by Jim Jones (did I mention I can't stand dipset) and everyone of them starts throwing money into the crowd for the next 20 - 25 minutes.....HUH? Yeah you heard me right. Everyone asks me if I got any of the money when I tell them this part but fortunately for my ego I wasn't near any of it...LOL. Oh I would have taken it but once I found out they were throwing back the 20's that we paid to get in there it just felt like a little slap in the face with a message that read "F*ck you and your crew we don't need you. Just look at how I toss around your money" It just didn't sit to well with me after I had that thought...you feel me?

Oh but this display of ignorance was not over at this point because the ring leader of the whole group throwing the party now has about 7 people come and pour $100 bottles of Moet on his hands so he can wash them in it over the dancefloor. Yeah go back and read that again....it doesn't sound any better no matter how many times I say it. Now at this point I was happy because everyone else in the party that I considered a friend expressed the same feelings that I was having so I knew I wasn't the only one in there that had some sense. (Thank Goodness!!!) You heard comments like "these dudes are the reason white people laugh at us" and "Why don't you invest some of that money you wasting you ignorant muthaphucka!" or my personal favorite "these niggas is some niggas!!!" LMMFAO!!!!

Needless to say there were quite a few of us that were disgusted by this charade and the bad part is that they will continue on doing this nonsense again and even worst...continue playing dipset music at parties. And how do I know this will happen again...because at the end of the party in comes Tabey Bonne`, Raheem DeVaughn, and a freakin' go-go band to peform an unscheduled mini concert which makes them feel like they must have had the hottest party this year and will undoubtedly lead them to try and duplicate it or maybe even come up with something worst. I still can't believe that sh*t wasn't a dream but I couldn't make this up if I wanted too....don't believe me just look at Mike's account of the same night.


Them bamas need some role models!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man that shyt wasn't no 20s!!!! I distinctly remember Vinny's azz snatching a damn $1 bill out of thin air and tucking that shyt in his pocket like it was a thousand dollar bill or something. If it was 20s floating around, at least that's more than the $30 I saw them toss. Bamas. Regardless though, it was just wack in so many ways. Even with all the women there (as I was pressed to mention in my post), it was still wack! That's crazy!

Question Dane. Are we just too old to find this shyt fun? Like for real, is it just that people older than 25 might not be able to relate to this corny shyt?

1:13 PM  
Blogger Daneger said...

Oh I thought it was $20's cause I actually listened to the DJ when he said that to the crowd....my bad. I know I saw a $20 floating thru the air at least once though but anyway.

Maybe that's what it is Mike...I hate to admit it but maybe we are just getting too old for this young, ignorant ass sh*t.

1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is not about being to old.. This is just a HOT DAMN MESS...

Anywho Dane it was good meeting you and I am glad you enjoyed yourself with me and my friends at Lucky Strike!!!

1:39 PM  
Blogger T.a.c.D said...

*laughin my butt off*
This is a HOT mess...Mike's joint left out the part about the girls being on Stage and all that nonsense and the mini concert at the end...this is the funniest ignant mess I have read in a minute...
All I can think is WTH...and the thing is THESE BAMAS prolly really THINK that they GOT it going on...THEY prolly WILL have another event such as this and it will prolly be worse....

*I can't stop laughin*

MAN that was a HOTT AZZ MESS!!!!
See this is why I do NOT like going out anymore...and I am pretty sure that whatever outfit the "ladies" on stage had on it was to freakin cold out side for that mess...

I just had a thought...I was invited to a party at Club Asia on Saturday but I didn't go because I wasn't well enough...

Man oh Man...am I GLAD I missed THIS ONE!

2:45 PM  
Blogger Daneger said...

You know all I really wanted from this blog was a laugh....you made my day Tiff! LOL.

3:03 PM  
Blogger jendayi said...

Like I said on Mike's page, your account reminds me of a LA party. Lots of beautiful people but everyone's there to sport their clothes, cars, and money rolls. The Moet was a little much though. I've NEVER seen that before.

8:53 PM  
Blogger jendayi said...

Yeah Miss Alisa... All show and no substance. That's exactly what it is.

Why did Monica just say in this song, "like my rims you shine"? huh?!

11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home