Monday, October 30, 2006

Weekend Experience (sharing laughs)


This weekend I got the opportunity to go see the Florida State/Maryland football game Saturday night and it was an experience like none other I have had. The tickets to the game were compliments of one of my best friends (Jeff) thanks to his job in Gaithersburg Maryland.

Anyone who caught the game knows that it was a great game between the two teams and that Maryland won by blocking a last minute Florida State field goal, attempting to send the game into overtime. Doesn't get much better than that one, especially when both teams put up some points. So it's pretty obviously I enjoyed the game. The interesting part was all the elements surrounding the game and prior to the game.

Let's start with the tailgate....my boy Jeff is in the corporate world (as most of my friends are) and therefore he works with a lot of caucasians (that sounds so funny right now for some reason....LOL). And the causcasians in my office have gotten used to my appearance but for those that don't know me a 6 foot 228 lb black man with dreadlocks may make them feel a little uncomfortable....who am I kidding, they probably think the worst about me just because of my hair (ask me if I give a f*ck! LOL). So when I got there I found it interesting that not one of the six white folks I met got my name right. Go figure right? LOL. It's was even funnier to me cause I was just telling my friend about a month ago that the white folks at my job have renamed me Dan Haskins (my name is Dane and I'll keep my last to myself). So when I meet all these folks what do they call me.....yep! Dan....LMAO!!! And the whole time I'm telling my boy about my white name...LOL.

Question: Is it just me or is it just there lack of interest to figure out what I am really saying? I mean they were probably looking at me like "why the hell does this little black dude keep pronouncing Dan like that" LMAO!


So after that experience we get to the game and like I said before....excellent game. Only problem is that night there were winds with speeds up to 60 miles an hour. So I spent the next 3 hours getting smacked in my face by some seriously COLD wind. I mean it got to the point like in the winter where your face is no longer cold because you can't feel it. Jeff was freaking crying (LMAO). Really he just kept tearing up from the cold in his eyes but I had to ask when I first saw it. So at halftime he and I were dying to get out of that wind and went and bought some overpriced chicken tenders that neither of us really wanted...I just love realizing that I wasted money after the fact. Don't you? LOL. Then we go back to fighting the COLD again. After about another 10 minutes back I had to go to the bathroom and came upon the greatest discovery of the night ( yes in the bathroom...no johnny murphy's!). The bathrooms at the stadium where equipped with the largest space heaters I have ever seen in life. LOL. So after I walked into the empty bathroom, 3 minutes later it was filled to capacity with grown a$$ men trying to get out of the cold...there was even a one legged man with his good leg kicked up on the wall to get some heat on it (I couldn't make that one up if I wanted too).

So eventually it got to the point where Jeff and I were taking bathroom breaks every fifteen mintutes which would be incredibly suspect under normal circumstances (LMMFAO!!!) but it had to be done this night. And I basically wanted to share this story just to get to the part where one of the trips to the bathroom (I sound like a victim of IBS...LOL) lead to everyone crowding around the heater (LOL). It was mostly white gentlemen and most of them were older and then this young white guy comes in with shorts on and tries to fight his way to the front. Just as he makes it in front of the heaters this older man in his late 50's early 60's yells out. "Your ass doesn't deserve to get in front of the heater! The cold should be your punishment for having them damn shorts on!" Man me and Jeff were crying after my man said that one. Hilarious! You had to hear the disgust in his voice and the way he looked at him. I'm laughing as I type this joint. LMAO!

4 Comments:

Blogger T.a.c.D said...

"Your ass doesn't deserve to get in front of the heater! The cold should be your punishment for having them damn shorts on!"

Classic I love it!!! That was the BEST part of the story...I am tearing up over here....

7:16 PM  
Blogger Daneger said...

That was the only reason I felt it was worthy of a blog. I was crying when he said that. LOL.

10:53 PM  
Blogger jendayi said...

lmbo. that's funny!

hey, imagine how butchered my name gets. the 'caucasians' at my place of employment can care less what's on my birth certificate.

11:01 AM  
Blogger Daneger said...

JAC, trust me I know your pain. I have been called any and everything. Dan, Dean, Daniel (Jeff's personal favorite), James (I think it's the srtong A sound), Damien, Damon, Dwayne...you think of it and people have probably said it and it's not just white folks...LOL.

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home