Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Childhood Revisited (The Universals)

This one is dedicated to all the cartoons that were (for lack of a better term) unisex. The ones that were just as popular for little girls as they were for little girls. And based on some of the responses from the other cartoon blogs I'm sure that the ladies with like this one. I can't cover them all so here's a mix of some of the best ones and some you might not expect...

Fraggle Rock:



I know this one isn't really a cartoon but it was so popular at it's peek that it actually spawned a cartoon. I want to throw that intro up here too but it's the same thing so no need.


The Smurf's:



Mythological creatures and a wizard practicing witchcraft...everything a young child needs. LOL. You know, some of the things we watched as a kid were crazy. But one thing above all else still puzzles people about the smurf's...why was Smurfette the only woman?!?!?!

Heathcliffe The Cat:



Heathcliffe was off the chain. He was like a cartoon from the hood to me. LOL.


The Muppet Babies:



A lot of dudes would probably act like they weren't into this one but they would be lying. I used to sit in my man's apartment every morning with 5 other dudes waiting for the bus to come....EVERY MORNING. You know we still thought we were hard though. LMAO!!!


Duck Tales:



Man this was the other show we used to watch while waiting for the bus along with Muppet Babies (yeah real hard...LOL). I think it's funny that the entire planet consisted of ducks and dogs. How do you come up with that combination?!!!!? And are Huey, Duey, and Louie really Donald's nephews and Scrooge's nephews...where the hell are there parents?!? If you know please tell me.

Gummi Bears:



You know I had to show much love to the disney afternoon. Gummi Bears was so like that back in the day! I wish I had time to show love to all of them but Goof Troop, Chip and Dales Rescue Rangers, and Dark Wing Duck aren't forgotten but I had to show the best of the bunch.

Also, I didn't forget The Flinstones, The Jetsons, Care Bears, and Winnie the Pooh but I had to pick and choose and those four seemed too obvious to me.

Now I'm done, hope you enjoyed.

3 Comments:

Blogger T.a.c.D said...

Now see that's what I am talking about...I watched ALL of them shows!!!!

2:05 PM  
Blogger Daneger said...

LOL...I tried. I didn't want to use everything that you and JAC named in your other comments so I had to change up some of them I had planned to use.

9:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay see, when I had cable in Greensboro I was still watching ALL of those....and as soon as I get my own place again I'm searching for all those cartoons AGAIN!!! hahahaha

8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home