Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Visiting My Space

Most people who know me know that I like to write just about everything including lyrics and poems. I usually keep the writing that I share on my blog on Myspace but a blog by a friend of mine (shout out to J.A.C.) inspired me to share some of that writing on this blog too. I just wrote this one on Monday September 18 2006, let me know what you think.

It's called "A Conversation on your Birthday":

Normally don't write in the Blog unless I'm rhyming/ but a day like this I find it hard to confine/ my mind onto these simple lines/ cause I sense a feeling underlying/ that I try ignoring but when I ignore them/ the words that come out just sound boring/ so it's probably best if I explore them/ but already know what the issue is need a tissue for this sh*t/ cause the fact that you're gone has really hit/ cause this is the first birthday you never had/ should have been 71 instead you've been part of my past/ used to count from your birthday to mine/ we were born two weeks apart 44 years inbetween that time/ So now I spend this day to reminisce/ cause for the last 2 months I been acting like I really let go of this sh*t/ but I still got your house key on the ring/ and I still have your phone number in my phone waiting to hear it ring/ then I look at my hand and I see your ring/ you know a part of me hates that I now wear this damn thing/ but a bigger part of me is proud when I put it on/ cause I got you right here with me as I try to carry on/ grandfather around my neck and you on my finger, a matching set/ and I need you both to help me with my everyday stress/ cause once again I'm seeing struggles and disrespect/ wishing I could do more than what the family expects/ confinements are hard to handle and separation is worst/ and since I can't physically help I release it all in a verse/ put my energy into work cause I have to live on for you/ and allow my parents to handle life just as you would do/ but I get a little more protective when life is derailed/ damn I'm not looking forward to missing that birthday card (from you) in the mail/ but when you passed I had to just let life work things out/ so I guess when I struggle I have to let God in the room to get out/ I know that's what you would want me to do....let God.

Happy Birthday Grandma

4 Comments:

Blogger T.a.c.D said...

That was beautiful! I can't even imagine how that would feel, I don't even want to think about it...I am totally feeling your vibe about the situation...and you are so right...she would just want you to "let GOD"...
Peace & Blessings Dane...Peace & Blessings

11:46 AM  
Blogger jendayi said...

Dag Dane. That was powerful. I'm sitting here all sad-like right now. Ditto T's response.

In addition, your flow is incredible. Hopefully we'll get to see more of this.

Thanks for the shout out.

1:05 PM  
Blogger Daneger said...

"Flow is incredible"....ummm wow. Never heard that one before. Thanks a lot! Ya'll making me feel special...LMAO. I have quite a few joints up on my Myspace page. I use the blog on there to put out my writing. I might have to throw another one up here for you all to see. I appreciate the love FOR REAL.

1:24 PM  
Blogger jendayi said...

you're very welcome. again, i look forward to more. not trying to blow your big head up though. ;)

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home