Friday, September 29, 2006

"Today I didn't even have to use my A-K...I gotta say it was a good day"

Actually it's been a pretty good couple of days. Unusually good for normal circumstances. Well there are a few things but let me start by saying that this upcoming Monday is my 27th birthday and that alone is a real blessing because a lot of black men from my generation will never get to see that many years. And to be honest...last year my birthday was pretty lame so since nothing bad has happened as of yet it's a good day. LOL.

This time 2 days ago I spoke to my father for the first time in like 2 or 3 weeks. Yes the Father I am referring to in the last 2 blogs. See, he has been locked up in jail and it has really been worrying me. Not so much that he will get raped or any crazy stuff like that but more that someone will try something and he will end up hurting them and making his situation worst. He's being held for not paying child support when I was a kid so I really am not sorry about that one I just don't want anything bad to happen and when he called he said everything was good with him. That made me feel a lot better because he even told me he is hooping again (I've been trying to get him on the court forever) and when he comes home in a month he is trying to see me....LMAO. Hey when I was 7 he used to kick my ass and I guess he needs to prove he still can :-) (too bad he's wrong). The crazy thing about that whole situation is that it reminds me just how much of that little boy who used to want to be around his father is still in me.

Yesterday I went to work as usual and at lunch I signed a contract to place a bid on a home that I found with my new agent earlier this week. A three bedroom townhouse in Bowie (the area I was really trying to get into even though it is ridiculously expensive). The part that makes it really good is that my new agent had connections with a lot of financers so when the first one didn't work out on Wednesday and I was told I couldn't get the home I was blown...she found another one and he saved the day so to speak. Then later that day when I got home I got a check in the mail from Allstate because they overcharged my car insurance when I used to be with them. On top of all that it was the season premiere of Smallville (one of my favorite shows) so yesterday was really a good one.

And then there is what's been happening so far today....
I woke up and went to work like normal and when one of my coworkers came in a little later she brought me a bunch of balloons and a cake with my name on it. Completely surprised!!!









(Not the actuall cake but it looks like my name so....LOL)








I had no idea she was even really paying attention when we spoke about my birthday so I was really pleased that she went ou of her way...you think she trying to get my draws? (she is gonna fight me if she reads this LMAO) Nah I'm playing, we are real cool and she did put up this little birthday sign on my desk so I guess I should have known. Along with that I got confirmation on tickets to see the Ravens and Chargers play this weekend in Baltimore (SICED LIKED SH*T) and I know that will be a good one with one of the best offenses and defenses in the league. And tonight I put together a last minute gathering to go bowling in Crofton. Now that's not much but I have been dying to go bowling for a minute so I'm just glad I was able to get some folks to come out with me.

Man this birthday is turning out pretty good so far...I'm praying that my blessings keep on coming.

2 Comments:

Blogger T.a.c.D said...

HAPPY BirthSday Dane!!!! & Congrats you are truly on your grown man!

11:59 PM  
Blogger jendayi said...

Aww Dane. Your blog made me smile. I love it when people have good days and can tell about them. Hopefully you'll have many many more.

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home