Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Welcome to the Association!

Home Owners Association that is....
Yep folks I am the newest member of the club and now a proud owner of my very own townhome. I actually closed on my house last week on Monday but didn't really get into the mix of it until late last week so I felt it was about time to start sharing the pleasures and pains I have been experiencing...LOL.
I have been living with family for the last 2.5 years stacking money just waiting for the day to give it all away with a signature....LMAO! (No seriuosly that's what I did). "Momma's oldest baby done grow'd up" and now I can look forward being independent (and broke) for the rest of my natural life. It's such a inspirational feeling...inspires me to keep up the good work at my job, inspires me to take care of my property, inspires me to find a woman with money, and inspires me to write a blog.....LOL. But seriously it is definitely a good experience and just in one week I am learning a lot. Fact #1: The responsiblities of home ownership NEVER end. There is always something! People have been hammering that point into my head for a week and now that I have started to make a list of what I would like to fix up in the house I can see just how true it is.
Fact #2: Painting is not something that comes natural to all people...LOL. You'd think you just tell someone to use the roller and go up and down it would be simple.....NO SIR! Don't get it twisted, I was thankful for all the help and some people did a great job (shout out to my man Bone) but a couple of them walls in my house that just got painted either had additional work after the first paint job or NEED additional work now. In fact I'm concluding my painting tonight.
Fact #3: Everyone is trying to stick you when you own a home. If you have the skills to fix things your self PLEASE DO! The cost of labor to take care of a lot of things that people commonly repair in their homes is outlandish!

Those are just a few things I have picked up so far...gotta be a fast learner with this stuff.

But even with all that I am really glad to have made this step and ready to take on the responsibilities ahead. Just seeing how everyone is ready to support me in my move puts me in the right mindset...

Settlement on your first house: 38 signatures, 21 initials
Painting party this past weekend: 1 mom, 1 sister, 4 cousins, 2 Aunts, 3 friends, and a set of grandparents
Making a single mother know she did a job well done without words: priceless!

I'm tearing up.....(LOL!)

8 Comments:

Blogger jendayi said...

You make me wanna join the association! I just gotta figure out what side of the country I want to do that on. =(

11:01 AM  
Blogger T.a.c.D said...

Congrats Dane! That's a beautiful thing...and welcome to the hood...Bowie that is...makes me want to join one too...but it will take me a little while...

11:33 AM  
Blogger Daneger said...

Yeah ladies you need to go ahead and sign on the dotted line. No more important investment of money you can make (as far as material things). JAC, you need to stop faking and buy you a house in Cali, you know you wanna stay out there. But if not we're happy to have you back on the left coast...LOL.
TC, for some reason I though you owned a condo. I guess I just didn't realize that there were things in Bowie that weren't up for sale...LOL. You know everyone keeps telling me Bowie is Boushy...I just tell them I'm about to start drinking La Te`s and rocking man sandals with a turtleneck....LMAO (I think I could actually see this at Bowie TownCenter).

4:27 PM  
Blogger T.a.c.D said...

Naw Bowie isn't boushy...used to be...well I guess it is...but its just chill...you know...naw I don't own a condo out there YET...but I am in the process of making some moves myself...we shall see though...actually one of my neighbors now that I think about it does wear man sandels...LMBO! That's too funny...I think you will like the chill vibe of Bowie...I really want to buy there and stay there...so we shall see

10:39 AM  
Blogger jendayi said...

But I don't wanna stay in Cali Mike!! I may be back in a year. Who knows.

10:26 AM  
Blogger jendayi said...

i mean DANE. (thought that was Mike's comment.)

10:26 AM  
Blogger NegroPino™ said...

Congrats!!!!!
So everybody aint tryna get in your pockets have u tried wathcing them shows on TLC..Flip this HOuse and the other shows.....those can really help u save alot of dough.

9:46 AM  
Blogger Daneger said...

Actually now that I have a home those shows have become a lot more interesting. I used to think it was just something women liked but it is helpful.

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home