Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Be...all that you can be!

Okay I really need someone to tell me that I am wrong in thinking that Telemundo. I am under the belief that Telemundo is taped and airs in Mexico and the channel is broadcast in the US for our many hispanic citizens. Please someone tell me I'm wrong because if not than I am completely disgusted with what I just saw tonight....

So I'm watching Telemundo (just accept it I don't really have a reason) and the show I'm watching (Decision`) goes to commercial. The commercials are coming on and off and you get your normal commercials in spanish like Lays potato chips, Walmart, and Nissan. Now don't get it twisted they aren't playing our commercials with voice overs they have there own commercials and if you ever get the chance to go to Mexico you will see all the companies down there.

What has me messed up is the last commercial just before the show started back...it was a US Army commercial. NO BULL! And it was equipped with a Mexican family with the son dressed in his army uniform and they were all speaking spanish having one of those family moments like they normally have with black families in the US commercials. You know the ones back in the day when the mom hugged her son and they all looked into the screen and smiled. Now I am in disbelief and I need someone to tell me that Telemundo is only in the US and not in Mexico because if we are recruiting people in Mexico to fight in our army but won't allow them across the border I have some SERIOUS problems with our government. I mean WTF!!! How does this sit well with political officials. I mean I have heard of people ignoring their morals but DAMN.

This may be hard to believe but I swear it's the truth. Man, this shit is crazy if I'm right...please tell me I'm wrong.

5 Comments:

Blogger 2focused said...

I guess it would've been a trip if it were based in Mexico, but it's based in Hialeah, Fl and is part of NBC Universal.

8:36 AM  
Blogger A. B. said...

Telemundo is an American television network based in Hialeah, Florida. It is the second largest Spanish language television network in the United States, second only to Univision. NBC Universal is the present parent company of the network. However I say if a Mexican wants to join our army and therefore legally become a citizen by all means let them. There are not unlimited resources in this country I say if you come here do it the correct way.

8:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"However I say if a Mexican wants to join our army and therefore legally become a citizen by all means let them. "

yep yep

10:07 AM  
Blogger T.a.c.D said...

I was going to comment...but I think everything has been said...then again I don't know...

10:30 AM  
Blogger Daneger said...

Thank You for the clarification people

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home