Monday, January 15, 2007

The Year is New: "We not even on the boat yet!!!"

This year I brought in my New Year with a vacation (Yeah I know I'm late!) with some friends. We made our way down to Miami for a couple of days and then hopped on a fun ship (Carnival Cruise) and did it up for about 5 days. This vacay was the best I have had thus far....of course I am only on my 2nd one (unless you count the trips for weddings then it's the 4th). LMAO!






I had Randall (A.K.A Woo, A.K.A. Balloon Man ) and Mike (A.K.A. Bone) riding with me (I may be the only one of our friends with 1 name...LMAO) on this trip. Although they were the main ones with me for everything they definitely weren't the only friends with me on the trip...










We also had some beautiful ladies with us on the entire voyage starting with TC, JAC, KC, and Jess doing it big with us in Miami (notice Mike, Randall, and I all have the contagious peace sign disease that a lot of black men in there mid to late 20's can't seem to let go of...LOL!)...









And you know a couple of the fellas is wifed up so my man Fool and B (both seated) were there with there better halves...LOL.





This trip was all about 'NEW' experiences for me so I did a lot of new things for the first time on this vacation starting with this being my FIRST time in Ft. Lauderdale and Miami (YES, I have been to Florida before...LOL). And after me and the fellas hit the streets of South Beach and got some food (damn near $200 worth) I step inside this little shoe spot and pick up my FIRST pair of Loafer's (Good looking out on not having money to buy those Woo!!!).
Later on the three of us went to Club Bed and had dinner and drinks. This was my FIRST time in the club (they have one in NYC also) as well as my FIRST time eating a Filet Mignon and I have to say that I highly recommend their food to anyone who gets the opportunity to pay them a visit. Arguably the best steak I have eaten. About halfway thru our time in Club Bed the ladies finally make it to the club to party with us and I have my FIRST time partying with JAC and meeting Jess. We had a freaking ball but we all learned the hard way that Miami can be tough on the wallet. LOL.

The second day in Florida was just as good. We went down to the Beach in December and it was over 75 degree....WTF!!! We had some unbelievable weather while in Miami. We kicked it on the beach for a while, got some food and funny looks from some NBA players (LOL), got some drinks of course, and then went back to the hotel to get ready for the evening festivities. The night of New Year's Eve was at hand and we all meet back up and get it popping. The ladies all came out in the flyest dresses which made Randall, Mike, and I look even better to all the other ladies watching (Thanks a lot ladies...LOL!!!). We did a lot of walking, some of it up and down some stairs to this weak ass party that only Randall could find a way to enjoy. LOL. Then we ended up on the beach at countdown. Well it was a little bit after countdown for me cause I made the mistake of trying to follow Randall during one of those times where he got missing and didn't even realize it was midnight until we got back to the water and they told me. Sitting out there on the beach that night was almost surreal and a few of us had some nostalgic moments. That was was the FIRST time I had ever been on the beach under the moonlight and I couldn't help but think of how romantic that could have been to be with a wife or girlfriend at that moment. After I got out of my little zone I noticed a friend (female of course) having her own moment but she looked so sad that I couldn't help but give her a big hug (I'm a sapp at heart) and do that rocking back and forth like your mom will do...LOL. That was a good moment. It felt good to be able to be there for her during that moment and I hope it made our friendship stronger.

Honestly that's probably the highlight of the Miami trip right there...well that and that damn steak in Club Bed! (Did I mention that I recommend that to everyone?). Walking from the beach I found myself going into big brother mode when this 8 foot 2 bama walked up on JAC....but I just sat back and made sure he ain't try to do anything crazy. Wild thing is I realized afterwards that I know his older brother. It's really a small world. We got some more food and sat at the restaurant until the ladies decided to go in for the night and then my main man Mike drove back to Ft. Lauderdale (that trip was hell at 5am when you were tired).



All in all me and the fellas had a hell of a time in Miami and just as Mike said about 23 times that weekend...."We ain't even on the boat yet!!!!"

For more detail on our time in Miami and a different perspective, check out what Mike has to say in Part 1 and Part 2 of his blog on the trip. I'll finish up the rest of the trip later.

4 Comments:

Blogger jendayi said...

Yay!!! I'm linking you to my post..

I didn't notice the peace sign thing! That's funny. The day the peace signs are missing will be a revolutionary day indeed. It was cute though!

11:51 AM  
Blogger T.a.c.D said...

Man it was the GREATEST...and YES the friendship with you and that young lady is stronger...brother/sister bond began that night in that moment...LOL

I am going to do an updated Miami tribute once all the posts are done...

Peace!

12:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's about daggon time Dane (AKA Dane Diddy...LOL)!

The peace sign thing...That's why I started doing my own version of that peace sign with my pinky and ring fingers. Just being different. Anywho, I'm glad you finally put this post up so that we all have our perspectives out there.

1:08 PM  
Blogger Daneger said...

I promise not to take so long with putting up part 2 people...don't hold me to that though. LOL.

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home