Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Thug Motivation

Now everyone who has ever talked to me about basketball for longer than 3 minutes knows that I am a true-blue, die-hard L.A. Lakers fan and have been since the day my grandfather put that starter jacket on my back when I was 10 years old and had me watching Kareem, Worthy, and Magic. And since I am from the Washington DC Metro area I can't help but have a place in my heart for them hometown Wizards (even if they did pick up MJ, but that's another blog right there). But I think I now have a 3rd team to add to my list of favorites....













Yep I think this team is about to be the next team that I make sure I watch every game. But not because I am gonna be loyal to this team...hell nah! I am happy to admit it's just for the players because thanks to the most recent acquisition made by the Nuggets this team is now possibly the largest and most talented group of degenerates I have ever seen try to work together as a cohesive unit and I can't wait to see the shit that happens along this ride. I won't even get into the recent brawl with the knicks on this one...I just wanna talk about the players. Allen Iverson is probably the most thugged out of the bunch and will definitely bring an aura to this team that I am not sure the NBA is expecting. Imagine the Detroit bad boys of 90'-91' with tattoos and cases pending but instead of Isiah Thomas running the point opponents will go against the most relentless, fearless, and intimidating 5 foot 11 inch man to ever touch an official NBA basketball. Allen Iverson is now the captain of this ship...oh I heard him say it's Melo's team and he will play second fiddle but A.I. is smart why set yourself up to take the blame for any failure when you have an out. Especially since we all know Melo' will fall inline with Iverson since he is basically preordained the prince of his legacy (LOL). I mean why would he buck him..he's scared of his ass too. And on top of this we are talking about A.I., the heart and hustle of the NBA(K.G. is the Soul and Struggle just for the record) , the symbol of a real worker in that league, the man that did to Cornrows what MJ did to the bald head a decade earlier. This man is what Melo wants to be. Sh*t I had cornrows TWICE in college and I ain't even pull for A.I. (LOL).
Since I am talking about Melo let me just say that he is currently one of my favorite players so by no means am I trying to clown him. In fact I am sure Melo probably loves this move as much as A.I. does cause his cred raises with A.I. giving him the reigns and now his team is even more hood. And being from the city that is now seen as the hardest place in America thanks to HBO he has to keep his rep up. So expect him and A.I.'s boys to get caught with more weed in his backpack, expect a couple of songs by A.I. on Carmelo's label (yes this bama has a label) and hell, we may just get a "Stop Snitchin' part 2"....LMMFAO! This dude is just so young and impressionable that A.I. controlling the puppet strings may work in his best interest as far as the hood is concerned. He will be thuggin', dropping 30 a night, and scaring the sh*t out of referees just like Iverson in no time. Don't let that innocent face fool you, he is the face of this gang...I bet this time next year you won't see ANYONE coming close to fighting this man's squad. Detroit fans may freeze up in the presence of Denver pretty soon.

But those two are just some of the figures that every crew has (the little hot head dude that everyone follows and the smart dude that is supossed to be in charge) no crew is complete without the enforcer and even though he is injured there isn't one much better than Kenyon Martin. I gaurantee that if he was on the court last week Jared Jeffries wouldn't have been trying to get at anyone as hard as he was. This dude is not only scary he is funny as hell too....I mean who gets a tattoo on there chest that says "bad ass yellow boy" LOL. Now he may not have all the charges of the others and he may not ever get tested by anyone but it's because he is the scary one. He's the one that no one will want to test! He's the dude that makes the other dudes you are facing punk out! Kenyon Martin is the only dude that I have ever seen make Alonzo Mourning curl up courtside in Miami like he was a white chick that got cornered in a scary movie. And after he made Alonzo jump like a cricket caught in a kitchen he pointed at him and bust out laughing on national television and 'Zo just walked away. WTF!!! I was awestruck and I have been following him ever since! LMAO! I wouldn't even make this bama play, I would just sit him on the sidelines in jeans, Tims, and a hoodie every game in the middle of their opponents bench and see if they can still consentrate on the game. LMAO!!!!

And then you also have the dude who is probably gonna be looked at as the softest bama on the squad but the truth is he probably has had more charges than all his teammates. The guy who had the tattoo on his neck before just about anyone in the league, including A.I., when no one was paying attention to those types of tatts. The guy who was the first person to skip out on practice and give his all in the game but wasn't popular enough to do a press conference about it so he made his college coach call his first NBA coach and tell him to cool out cause the dude will play his ass off during the game. And this reputation for being lackluster actually followed Marcus Camby around the NBA like a dark cloud leading to a lot of moves from Toronto to New York and now at Denver. Where they finally started listening to him and he ended up being one of the top shot blockers for the last 2-3 years. (Idiots!)

But that's the starting lineup for Denver along with either Earl Boykins (who would actually be a calming presence for these dudes) or JR Smith (who would be my choice because he is hooping, he tackled Nate Robinson into the crowd last week, and just seems to fit...LOL). Oh and as long as Kenyon is injured Nene will be getting a lot of burn.

But aside from all the jokes I am really feeling the squad. I believe that either these dudes will come together and prove the NBA wrong about all the bad perceptions they have or they will cause a lot of problems for a lot of people and be A LOT of fun to watch...either way I am making a point to tune in.





2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

First and foremost...Fugg the Lakers.

"And on top of this we are talking about A.I., the heart and hustle of the NBA(K.G. is the Soul and Struggle just for the record) , the symbol of a real worker in that league, the man that did to Cornrows what MJ did to the bald head a decade earlier." LOL. I agree.

Hot head - Roberto Bay Robinson
Smart dude allegedly in charge - BoneyMike
Enforcer(s): Prince/Tony

"I wouldn't even make this bama play, I would just sit him on the sidelines in jeans, Tims, and a hoodie every game in the middle of their opponents bench and see if they can still consentrate on the game." HA haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

JR Smith is nice! Wait till you see a Denver game. He got hops like Ricky Davis but isn't as selfish. He's nice!

Denver will be good, but they still won't win because they don't play defense. San Antonio or Dallas will murk them. I'd love to see them in a series with Phoenix though.

Check out my joint touching on AI's trade when you get a chance Dane Diggity! Oh yeah, officially 8 days until vakay homie!

10:47 AM  
Blogger Daneger said...

Yeah man I am a fan of JR Smith too. He has been doing his thing with Carmelo ever since he got on Denver's roster. I'm just afraid that dude is gonna lose A LOT of time if he don't get more respect than Earl Boykins ASAP!...cause AI is a black whole when it comes to playing time.

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home