Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Music on my mind (part 2)

Before I get to the stuff from college let me first hit you with another track from highschool that I just had to throw in the mix...



Onyx: Last Days - (Sophmore Year - 94/95):



I had to put this on here because I personally think that this is one of the greatest beats in the history of hip hop. I'm not even a beats man but this is still one of my favorite of all time...and it's been out for 12+ years.

Okay now where was I...



College - Undergrad
__________________________________________________________________
Lox Featuring Lil Kim & DMX - Money Power Respect (Freshman Year – 97/98):
My Freshman year was the year of X. DMX dropped two albums classic albums within an 11 month span and had a gang of guest appearances. This one was one of the best. I was a HUGE fan back then.
Redman & Method Man – Da Rockwilder ( Sophomore Year – 98/99):
For years these two rhymed with each other through guest appearances and always had a chemistry that just made dope songs. True rap fans always hope it's actually possible to hear some of our favorite rappers actually do albums together (Biggie and JayZ or Tupac and Scarface or JayZ, DMX, and Ja Rule or Nas and AZ or Foxy Brown and Lil Kim or Beanie Sigel and Bleek or Beanie, Scarface, and JayZ or even now with JayZ and Nas...you get the point). Method man and Redman were the only ones I can think of that actually made those hopes come true.
Beanie Sigel - Remember Them Days (Junior Year – 99/00):
The world was introduced to Beanie Sigel's debut in 2000 and I was introduced to an addiction. He became the first rapper since BIG to clear out my CD player for months. I still remember saying to my man Jake "Dogg, this has to be the best rap debut since DMX my freshman year!" I have been his biggest fan since.
Shyne Featuring Barrington Levy – Bad Boys (Senior Year – 00/01):
When this dude first came out everyone was talking about how he sounded like Biggie but once he stopped playing on that (on his guest appearances mostly) he really made a name for himself with this one. I knew this was a dope track when I was in the barbershop one day and EVERYONE, barbers and all, were bobbing their heads. Man I prayed for months to get a remix with Sigel on this one....LOL.
College - Grad School
__________________________________________________________________
Scarface - My Block (2nd Year - 02/03)
This was arguably the best album that came out when I was in Gradschool and definitely the best from Scarface. Get it if you don't got it!

6 Comments:

Blogger It is What It Is... said...

All of these songs are my favorite! geeze! The Money Power and Respect Joint?? That was it...

BTW - What in the hell ever happened to the LOX...lol

1:54 AM  
Blogger Daneger said...

They haven't went anywhere...they are all doing solo albums now. Each of them has 2 and Styles P just dropped his last month.

9:21 AM  
Blogger jendayi said...

da rockwilder reminds me of me and my girls in the club. we used to connect on that song. *sigh*

shyne - oh my goodness!! that just got me hype!!!!

yeah there is a bit of an age gap here. i remember da brat being HUGE when I was in middle school. lol. you're not old dane!! promise!! =)

11:02 AM  
Blogger Daneger said...

Since you claim to like older men JAC I will look at it as a complement if you call me old...it's cool. LOL.

11:11 AM  
Blogger T.a.c.D said...

all I can say is, since everyone else talked about the other stuff, man Beans is that MAN, period point blank...I think I am one of the few females that had all of his albums (and I do mean had because my ex and brother seem to have taken them and not given them back, but I feel a purchase coming) I mean dag on...you were right, I rocked BEANS day in and day out, just like I did BIG Freshman year in HS....so I feel you

5:12 PM  
Blogger jendayi said...

LOL. You're right. I do prefer older men. (You have a good memory.)

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home