Friday, January 26, 2007

Music on my mind (part 1)

Thanks to TC, JAC, and MikeSeeI have been inspired to throw up some videos of songs that I like. Everyone seems to have music videos going up these days with each being unique to their personal styles...TC does hip-hop and R&B songs regularly and covers just about everything, JAC covered some R&B that she loved in college, MikeSee put up some old school Hip Hop that he was feeling, and now I am gonna do somewhat of a hip hop timeline of some of my favorite songs throughout the stages of my life.


MIDDLE SCHOOL
_________________________________________________________________
Naughty By Nature - Everything’s Gonna Be Alright (Sixth Grade - 90/91):
Warning: Explicit Lyrics
This song was official my first "favorite song" to the point where my mom (who was only 32/33) used to tell me how it made her think of me and hoped I wouldn't end up like Treach. This video is also probably responsible for me getting my @$$ kicked for the first time too since I couldn't help but think I was hard after watching that video....LMAO!!!
MC Eiht - Straight Up Menace (Eight Grade - 92/93):
Warning: Explicit Lyrics
This one took Naughty's place as my favorite when it came out. If this was the stuff I got on TV during my formidable years and I turned out fine I don't think I can blaim the television for how some of these youngin's are these days any longer! I guess I see why some of my friends say I have a violent side...LOL!!! Why was I allowed to watch this at 13 ya'll?!?
High School
_________________________________________________________________
Da Brat - Give It To Ya (Sophmore Year - 94/95):
During high school Biggie ruled music for me with his 1st album dropping my Freshman year and his last dropping my Senior Year but this song was undeniably one of the best songs dropped in that time fraim. Best track ever made by Da Brat in my opinion.
Kriss Kross - Live and Die for Hip Hop (Late Junior Year - 95/96):
I'm really putting this one on here to see if anyone else remembers it other than me. This is the same year that "It Was Written" dropped so the fact that Kriss Kross tried to make a comeback flew completely under the radar but back then I always thought that this was a dope track. I was really surprised to see that these dudes were my age or older back then too...they like 17 in this video. LOL.
Red Man - That’s How it is (Early Senior Year - 96/97):
I still believe that Red Man is one of the most underrated rappers ever (somewhere trailing Scarface in that category) and this song and album prove it. Easily one of the top 5 albums that year and it was his 3rd album. Man I swear, 93 thru 97 were the 5 greatest years in hip hop history.
I'll get back to cover my undergrad and grad school years in Part 2.

2 Comments:

Blogger T.a.c.D said...

What you know about the MC Eiht joint...that was my JOINT!

3:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You siced me with that MC 8 joint and Da Brat joint.

What about that Spice 1 joint off the Menace II Society soundtrack? CLASSIC!

Trigga Gots No Heart

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home