Monday, March 05, 2007

I mean, a 'MEAN' Idi Amin!

That's what Forrest Whitaker did in the movie I caught last night. Yep, I finally went to go see "The Last King of Scotland." I had been dying to see how Forrest did first hand with all the rave and the awards about this performance.

I must say that the portayal of Idi Amin done by Whitaker was definitely a great job. (I still don't know if I think it was better than Will in Pursuit of Happyness but definitely on point)





As you can see he even did a decent job with that half smile scowl thing that Idi seemed to have down packed. LOL. Overall the movie was really good. The story was more of an inside look at one particular relationship between Idi Amin and the white Scotish doctor he had in his camp and how it affected that doctor. I liked the fact that they didn't go the way of documentary because it gave them the opportunity to just show Idi Amin as a person rather than focus on the monstrous ways he was potrayed by the world media. I didn't know much about him before this movie until the end so some of the things that unfold during the movie surprise me A LOT because Forrest Whitaker almost makes him loveable at times. That's laughable now knowing the type of person he was. The one thing I will warn people about with this movie are the 2 or 3 stomach turning graphic scenes of violence it has. I thought it was GREAT but for most it is really REALLY extreme and I would suggest you watch with caution...LOL.

But if you are a Whitaker fan then go check it out. It's a helluva step up from his worst acting job....
Ghost Dog: The way of the Samurai


LMMFAO!!!! I could have put about 5 other clips from this one up that would have been a lot funnier but this sums up Forrest's performance the best. LMAO! This has to be his worst ever!!!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger T.a.c.D said...

Where were you able to catch this? Because I definitely want to see it....

4:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LMAO @ that clip. That joint looks so corny and wack. And to think my co-worker actually told me that Ghost Dog was TIGHT! HA HAAAAAAAAAA!

Forrest definitely gets the nod over Will's role though. Will didn't have to learn an accent to play that role and there's much more passion in Forrest's role than in Will's role.

The Last King...may not be as inspirational for US as the Pursuit, but I think Forrest did a better job than Will considering how difficult it probably was to catch on to that accent. That's why I give Idris Elba and the villain from 4 Brothers credit because those guys are bri'ish and they sound as American as you and me. Probably moreso.

But anyway, I am glad you got out and saw this joint. But I am still geeked up to see Black Snake Moan (no West-Coast-Productions on that shyt)

5:08 PM  
Blogger Daneger said...

@TC - It's still showing at the Majestic 20 in Silver Spring. I was glad I was able to catch it also.

@Mike - I guess when you throw in the difficulty of the accent I have to agree with you on him doing a better job. I definitely agree with you on Idris and my man from Serenity, 4 Brothers, and Inside Man (I am a fan if you hadn't noticed LOL).
Man you should check some of the other clips from Ghost Dog...even funnier than that.

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home