Tuesday, February 27, 2007

The Second Coming...

Due to my love for my favorite sports teams and my competitive nature I am one of the few people who actually still watch and enjoy NBA games. Everyone knows that I am a LA Lakers fan followed closely by my hometown Wizards but in this league the sport is driven more by players rather than teams. The thing with me is that I am sorta backwards with this aspect...don't get me wrong, I like certain players but my reasoning is so random when I pick the players I like. For example....I hated Michael Jordan (yeah I said it) but I love Kobe Bryant. I was the only dude in highschool who didn't like MJ and they all thought I was retarded when I started showing love for Kobe. LOL. Another example...I loved Dominique Wilkins and thought he was underrated but I think Vince Carter is one of the most overrated players ever and don't like him much other than the highlights.

Lately I have been seeing, yet again, this same type of trend forming with another two similar players standing at the 7'0"+ range with definite size advantages making them dominant forces in the paint coupled with funny personalities that even come off as goofy at times. This with the fact that both of them started their careers for the same team makes it hard to not compare Shaquille O'neal and Dwight Howard. So hold up, which one do I like? Well I loved Shaq when he was with LA but hey I would have probably liked MJ in purple and gold (a la Kobe Bryant) but before Shaq played for the Lakers and since he has left I have hated him with a passion. And right now Dwight Howard is easily my second favorite player in the league (KG, Carmelo, Shawn Marion, and Arenas all fall right behind Dwight and Kobe). I'm basically writing this blog to show you why.....



When Shaq's lazy a$$ was with LA I always said he would be ridiculous if he actually got into that David Robinson type of physical condition....this boy Dwight is gonna make a prophet out of me....LOL.

HE KISSED THE MUTHAF#$KING RIM!!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah Dane, Dwight is mean and vicious. He's headed to be like Amare was that year in the playoffs before the microfracture surgery. Amare's still a beast too though. Can you imagine Amare without Nash though?

Now think about the damage Dwight is doing with Jameer Nelson who is good, but by NO MEANS Steve Nash. Hell, he's not even Deron Williams or TJ Ford (I won't disrespect Chris Peezy...Chris Paul...by putting his name in that mix).

I told you Dwight might be right behind Arenas and King James on my list of favorite players right now. I think he's only going to get better. He's a walking double-double right now and he'll probably turn into KG pretty soon where he's averaging like 30 and 20.

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home