Sunday, March 18, 2007

"I keep telling myself, maaan I'm living the good life"

After a not so good Saturday today has really been a good day for me. It's one of those days were everything seems to just be going your way and even though nothing big happens you really appreciate all the little things. First of all I woke up this morning and God didn't have to give me that much (shout out to Jesus) but let me recap everything else.

1. I got to church this morning and somehow didn't see anyone I knew before or during service. This is a good thing because it is very easy to get distracted in my church. Good message and no distraction....priceless.

2. After church was over I was surprised to see a new friend of a friend has started going to my church (Mike, that's your boy Jaron). He introduced me to his girl (who will be attending with him I assume) and seemed really excited about the church and that's always a good thing.

3. After getting home and changing clothes I got into the gym and worked out. This is good for two reasons: a) I fell off of the workout thing HARD and this was the second time in 3 days that I worked out and b) I worked out with the homie Jay that I used to work out with 3 times a week before the fall off and who I didn't think I would ever be working out with again due to the distance since my move.

4. Talked to my mother on the phone and got some decent news from her.

5. Since I was on my old side of town I got the chance to stop in on my grandparents (I lived with them before I got the house) and spend some time with them. Both of them are ailing from something or another so I had to check on them sometime this weekend and I had already put it off (for nothing) on Saturday. Only thing that could have made that better is if they had dinner....LOL.

6. Saw that my father was alive.

7. I got this coupon from my grandparents for Macy's that gave me 20% off of a sale they already have on all their dress clothing (yeah your boy likes to get slick from time to time) and on the way home I made a stop by the store and ended up leaving with a new suit. In the words of my cousin "That boy is clean!!!!!" LOL.

8. I still have quite a few friends who have not come to my new place and after I got cleaned up one of those friends finally made his way thru to check out the crib. (just for the record, I like having company)

9. A little later my cousin came thru and kicked it with me as we watched the NCAA Tournament. I don't get to see him as much since the wedding...LOL.

10. Just before he left I got my cousin into an argument in which he found my debate unbelievable....which was what finally led him to leave. Just ask Mike how fun it is to piss that dude off. LMAO

11. I made myself a healthy homecooked meal for dinner tonight. I have been cooking for 16 years so that's nothing new but cooking something healthy is always great thing....especially since it still tasted good. LOL.

12. Got the phone call that my man Jeff FINALLY watched the Black Donnelly's. I am promoting that show because it is LIKE DAT so I am telling any and everyone I talk to about television. If you like gangster movies like Goodfellas and Departed....WATCH THIS SHOW!

13. My NCAA Bracketology is costing me money!!! I can't help but laugh at it so my laughter is a good thing. LMAO.

14. And the biggest thing of all....THE LAKERS WON!!!!!! With our current string of luck it's good to see the boys with a 2 game winning streak.

It's funny, I had high expectations for Saturday and was only dissapointed...I had NO expectations for Sunday and had a really good day.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will be watching that Black Donnelly's shyt tonight.

Your cousin is a real piece of "you know what."

10:26 AM  
Blogger Daneger said...

Man if you haven't seen it already you really need to go to NBC.com and watch the first episode. That joint is one of the best pilot's ever.

11:24 AM  
Blogger T.a.c.D said...

Ok so what is your church?

4:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dane Diggy, I watched that Black Donnelly's joint. It was pretty nice. BUT, having been a Soprano's fan it's hard to not expect/want more. But for network TV, this is a GREAT show.

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After you squeeze into them lil 33 slims you be wearing Dane (LMAO), you should check this blog out:

Leave The Man Alone

11:16 AM  
Blogger Shai said...

Nice post. Just stopping by to check out your blog. Found you through TC.

11:27 AM  
Blogger jendayi said...

I like the Black Donnelly's too! Sounds like you had a fantabulous day!

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home