Friday, March 09, 2007

"Aww man homie...My minds playing tricks on me!"

If you check out my man Mike's blog then you know that me and the boy Bone went and checked out the Roots tour last night at the Lyric Opera house in Baltimore. Overall I say that it was a pretty cool concert but definitely not close to being the best I have seen. Of course with artists like The Roots, Lupe Fiasco, and Little Brother you are gonna get some good music so I don't really think that part will be of any surprise to anyone so I will take this time to point out the things that stood out in my mind from last night....

1. I forgot how much Roots music I actually own. I recently had a conversation with my homie AB about being a fan of an artists and how you will buy something from an artist you are a fan of without that pre-listen. Basically, if they drop it I cop it....well I have all of the Roots albums so I guess I gotta add them to my list.

2. The Roots should really call this the Game Theory/James Brown Tribute Tour. They incorporated either music from the Godfather of Soul or his style and feel into the ENTIRE concert. I mean there were moments where Black Thought was sitting on stage saying things like "Ain't it funky now!!!" or "I/We got soul"...No Bull!!!

3. I think it would be a really good gesture by the Roots to add LB to this tour permanently. It would do a lot for keeping hip hop alive as they touched on in the concert. But with that said I just feel robbed when they go thru a rendition of other artists popular music and don't invite the folks that opened up for them back on the stage to perform maybe 1 song each. I personally think that would set it off. It would have been nothing to hit an LB and Lupe song and have them each run back out and go at it for one more track.

4. Lupe, Lupe, Lupe....where do I start. Okay, he may be the first rapper who I felt like they really need to have a 15 man entourage on stage with him to get his little a$$ to stand still. LOL. Dude was jumping up and down running around so much that you could tell he's never done this before. There is no way he could headline wasting all that energy running into his 1 hype man who was very entertaining with all his throwback dances from the early nineties (that bama was doing the running man!!!). They even lowered the lights once and had Lupe walk off just to run back on stage in an attempt to make the crowd think he was done (even though he hadn't done Kick Push yet nor did he say goodnight/I'm out). Right after that he and his hypeman met at the back of the stage like they were talking and then rushed toward the crowd as a verse started. All this to say...Lupe needs to work on the show. I could put together a much better show for him.

5. Lupe Fiasco needs to burn his wardrobe and start over. His outfit was almost funny enough to make me enjoy the performance...LOL. This bama had on a black leather zip-up hoodie that fit in the fashion of a members only jacket (to be read, it was tight enough to see my niggas ribs when it was fully zipped) and the bama kept putting th hood on. I guess it went well with his shades against the dim light in the opera house. LOL. And he either had on a orangish-red belt or some orangish-red trim at the bottom of the jacket that reminded Mike of a cummerbund...LMAO. The funniest part of his outfit were the baby phat jeans he obviously picked out just before stepping on stage. My man had on a size 18 jeans (just an FYI slim men normally run around 30-34, men who are built like men normally around 36-40, your big and tall man is 40+), jeans that were so small he had no choice but to have them sagging off his ass! As my man Mike loves to say "Them jeans looked like he had to lay on the bed and wiggle to get them on" LMMFAO!!! I mean with all the hopping around he was doing I thought he was gonna split them shits in half. I'm so glad he didn't accomplish that feat.

6. The worst part about the whole concert is that Little Brother only got 4 songs. This left me wanting more and made me realize just how much of a fan of theirs I am. I am feeling these dudes (No Brokeback!!!) like I do Biggie, Jay-Z and Sigel. And that group is really hard to break into with me.

For Mike's take check out his blog about the show.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

#5...CLASSIC

3:38 PM  
Blogger T.a.c.D said...

I totally agree that #5 is CLASSIC!!!
This SO just made my morning...

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Y'all bammas are funny as hell. I'm about to get my blog action in before 2007 is over and done...which won't be long!

7:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that shit was kinda funny

11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home