Thursday, December 27, 2007

THE REASON that THE SOLUTION isn't THE TRUTH...

Anyone who reads this blog knows that I am a fan of good hiphop/rap music. Anyone who has known me for more than the last 2-3 years knows that before my addiction with everything Little Brother related I had an addiction that was even worst. Yeah it can get worst than the LB craze. LOL. I had a intense fanaticle faith in anything the rapper Beanie Sigel was a part of. Yeah I went from Sigel to LB...drastic change I know. LOL. But just like any other rapper I am a fan of my appreciation of Sigel was based on the fact that he actually made good music. One of my favorite things about Sigel was that he was emotional and personal with his rap even though he was also very hood and ignorant. I think that as humans we have different sides to us and all of us have an ignorant side as well as a concious or emotional side and just as rappers like Scarface and Biggie (2 more of my all time faves) Sigel showed all aspects of self in his music and made complete songs and albums and not just club tracks like Jeezy, or 50, or Cam' ron. Lyrically Sigel is a lot better than those dudes also so naturally I was hurt when he dropped the B. Coming...it was by far the weakest album he has made, lyrically.

Now Beanie Mac has returned again with what I saw him call (in an interview) his most complete album and after listening to it all I can think is...WTF is he thinking. I'm sure some will say that he is trying to change his life around and that may be the reason for the change but he is still gutter as always so I don't buy it. The only difference (which started in the album B. Coming) is now he is trying to be a lot more "user friendly" in what sounds like an effort to sale more albums. I can't really be mad at my man for wanting to sale more and make a good living but I damn sure ain't gotta like it. My man is hurting his legacy and killing my faith in him in the process. I know Mikesee and AB will read that line and think I must a been drunk writing it. Ya'll really can't understand how big I was on this dude but let me just run down my feeling on the songs on the new album. (I gotta do it fellas...LOL)


Track #1 "All The Above" - Are you f*cking serious Sigel!!! This is your single huh? You know about 5 years ago I would have bet my Masters Degree, my car, and a night with my first wife on our wedding night that Beans would NEVER do a track with R. Kelly and this song is exactly why. It worked for Big and Jay but it ain't for Sigel.


Track #2 "Bout That" - Catchy beat rapping about flossing.....TRASH! But I love the moaning woman in the background. LOL!!!


Track #3 "You Ain't Ready For Me" - I have been waiting for Styles and Sigel for 6 years. Makes sense that it happens now since Styles P is WORKING (2 albums and a mixtape in like 10-11 months) and I like that song but next time I pray for something I will ask for exactly what I want....God please give me a Styles P, Sigel, AND Scarface track with a topic in the area of growing up hard, living poor, losing homies, and taking care of seeds with a slow melody, a dark undertone, and ridiculous baseline that's pulls the emotion out of all three artists. Thanks ;-)


Track #4 "Go Low" - Good idea for Sigel to get that tough beat with the reggae artist snapping on the hook and adlibs. That is always a good move for gutter artists but it was better when Game did it and MUCH BETTER when Shine did...is that bama still in prison?


Track #5 "Gutted" - Most will like this track but to me it's a Jay track featuring Sigel that was refurbished for this album to be a Sigel track featuring Jay and it's just ok. Yeah I said refurbished...LOL!!!


Track #6 "Pass The Patron" - This song is exactly why this isn't a good album. The formula for this track was a POPular rapper on the hook, a state prop rapper, and a rapper people know but don't understand half the time all with Sigel. Now I would first think TIP, Freeway, and Trick Daddy but that's just me. Hell even Luda, Young Chris, and Andre 3000 I could possibly see on some Hollywood Divorce type sh*t but NOOOOOO we get P. Diddy, Peedi crack, and Ghostface Killa. Who is producing this album?


Track #7 "I'm In" - I guess it's cool if you believe Sigel is a Mack in the sense of pimpin...I don't buy it.


Track #8 "Hustlas, Haze, and Highways" - I've heard it about 10 times and I'm no more interested than you are just reading the title. First time I have ever described a Sigel track as boring.


Track #9 "What They Gone Say To Me" - I can think of one thing....redo tracks 1-9!!!!! Calling this one average is being nice.


Track #10 "Judgement Day" - Okay Sigel this is what I expect when you try something different. Ozzy Osbourne...definitely unexpected. Good track.


Track #11 "Rain" - Anything with Sigel and Scarface on it seems to instantly dope. I'm beginning to believe that Sigel should allow Face to produce all his albums from now on. This is the deep sh*t I was talking about ya'll...just with Sigel wasn't on the hook. LOL. Shout out to Raheem Devaughn on this one too.


Track #12 "Dear Self" - Concept isn't original but this may be the best song on the album.


Track #13 "Prayer" - If it didn't sound like Beanie rapping a Scarface song it would probably be the best song on the album. Shout out to Raheem Devaughn again!!! He did his thing on this track. Damn this sounds like Scarface was like "Beans, I ain't using this song...you want it? You can keep the lyrics too." They both just dropped albums, don't act like it's not possible. LMAO.


Somewhere along the line Beanie Mac the rough around the edges street rapper became Beanie Sigel the flashy thug trying to go double platinum. I'm hoping that somehow we can get back to this:
And away from This!
Come on Sigel a multicolored scarf...that is outta line!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is he thinking? He's thinking about selling some friggin records. That bama is B-ROKE! He means complete in terms of having some hood ish, some club ish, and some other ish. LOL.

The album almost sucks bawls. But it's saving grace is the joint with Styles. That shyt right there is mean & vicious!

That Kellz joint is lame. Only friendly in the club. That I'm In joint is a Scarface rip-off (know-the-ledge). I guess he could call it a tribute to Face's verse on F&ck Faces but he took a lil bit too much from Face on that joint. And the joint with Face is just okay. The joint Face has with Free on Free's album is 10x better! Matter of fact, Beans takes a lot of Scarface lines on this album in general.

10:40 AM  
Blogger T.a.c.D said...

The album sucks monkeys balls if you ask me! i am a beans fan myself, all the albums all that... but this new beans, not for me...
beans and r kelly...sucks...the whole concept sucks...
in short beans YOU SUCK

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home