Monday, October 29, 2007

Got Back? (No John Ameachi!!!)




Nah that isn't the 'back' I'm talking about but I have seen those playboy pics too (shoutout to the boy MikeSee!!! LOL).

What I'm refering to is Get Back by Little Brother:
Yeah the new LB album has finally arrived and if you paid any attention to this blog during it's inception then you realize that I am a huge LB fan. Although I heard their first album back in 2003 I didn't really discover them until 05 and have been rocking their music since. So you know that I have been anticipating the release of their newest installment to my music collection and if you have any love for good hip hop music then you should be looking out for these "Carolina boys" too.
Anyone who has ever talked hip hop with me knows that I put a high standard on lyrics (with lyrical content > than lyrical wordplay) so it's hard for me to stay loyal to any one artist these days but I have to admit that '07 has actually been a great year for me and rap music. Joell Ortiz, Pharoahe Monch, Common, T.I., Styles P, Talib Kweli, and Kanye all dropped dope music this year (well TIP's joint was just cool and Mr. West's joint was the biggest dissapointment of the year to me...sorry guys, still got love fo' ya tho) and all that music was the a build up to the peak albums of the year. And YES Get Back is definitely the best compilation of lyrics and beats to hit shelves this year...too bad they only had like 12 copies in that big ass Best Buy I went to last week. LOL. I know I seem bias with this post since I already said I was a huge fan BUT 1) I did say I was hard on rap so their quality is why I am such a huge fan AND 2) I did say peak albumS cause please believe that if what I may have possibly heard on that new Jay album that is coming soon is what is hitting stores there is no doubt that this current peak by LB is gonna be at least two albums deep, and I expect big things from Lupe Fiasco also. Man when I say this year is good in rap just look at who is still set to drop this year...Jay, Lupe, Beanie Sigel, Freeway, and Scarface. Man I am siced about the music in 07!!!
For all those who were writing off Phonte and Big Pooh after the split with 9th Wonder you can take my word that they keep it moving in wonderful fashion. But if you are more proned to trust well known media sources go check out XXL...they gave 9th Wonders "Dream Merchants 2" a L (large) rating and Getback an XL (extra large) with a XXL being the highest possible. You do the math. For me I had all the proof I needed that Pooh and Tigga can hold it down alone on their mixtape that dropped back in February "And Justus For All."
Here's to good rap music in 07 and to the best album so far, by Little Brother.
Tell 'em Tey...that's real talk!!!
(I think this pic is hilarious LOL.)

2 Comments:

Blogger jendayi said...

yay for LB!

11:08 AM  
Blogger B.m.W said...

You don't know nothin bout no LB...jk. I got love for these cats too. They have content and meaning in their music. I can only listen to TI's skinny @$$ lie about bein the hardest cat in the south when he's probably gettin' tossed from cell to cell right now (shoulda kept it in the music and hired some security).

Anywho, if you want to hear some good music, check out Knaledge and Double O if you haven't already.

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home