Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Summer Blockbuster Review: Another Sequel or A New Start?

Continuing from the last movie review this is the second group of summer bkockbusters I have checked out...


If you were a fan of the first Fantastic Four movie then you will be a fan of this one also. They both got mixed reviews. They both have funny parts with The Human Torch and The Thing. They both make point to show off Jessica Alba's beauty. They both do a decent job of showing off the powers of the characters. They both have something missing that you just can't put you finger on. The difference is that the sequel introduces the Silver Surfer for a future spin off movie (which is why he was underused in this movie). This movie had me leaving the theater thinking it was worth the purchase but the more I thought about it the more I thought "that sh*t just wasn't that good." LOL. I see this one as wasted pointential...I had higher expectations.










John Mclain is back in the fourth installment of the Die Hard series in Live Free and Die Hard. I had my apprehensions about this movie when I heard they were making it about 6 months ago. First thought, "this n!99a Bruce Willis need to stop that sh*t." LMAO! But after giving it some thought and hearing all the hype about it I realized that out of the three previous movies three of them were tight. Why shouldn't I check it out...right? Luckily for me I was correct...this time. Bruce did his thing once again and made another one for the collection. It's not a perfect movie but none of them have been but if you like action, jokes, and a realistic hero...this is the one for you.





If you grew up when this cartoon first came out you MUST go see The Transformers. If you didn't grow up during this time you still need to go see this movie. This is one of those movies that just have everything right to keep you entertained. I had a coworker say he felt it was the best movie of the year. I wouldn't go that far (especially since 300 came out this year) but I will definitely agree that this movie is well worth the viewing. I'm trying to find someone to go see it with a second time. LOL. Just in case you are worried they didn't make it so kiddie that you feel like a fool if you are a grown ass man going to see the movie. It definitely has appeal for all ages and is action packed. Go see this movie if you haven't!





I haven't read a single Harry Potter book but I have seen each of the movies. I have yet to be dissapointed in any of these movies. The first one was directed more toward the enjoyment of children with some tight concepts and graphics mixed in that were very entertaining. Each movie after the first has become progressively darker and detailed as they go along making them more and more intriguing and interesting for an adult watcher. The Order of the Phoenix followed the same guideline as it was much darker then the previous and has added so much to the story now that I am actually thinking about trying to read the books. I'm already anticipating what happens next and hope they get a movie in for all seven books before they are done because (say what you want) these movies are dope....dope like DC in the late 80's dope. LOL.

It's pretty evident the summer has turned up as far as the movies go. I left out Ocean's 13 because I never saw the previous one and won't watch them out of order. To be concluded next time with "Talk To Me", The Bourne Ultimatum, and more.

3 Comments:

Blogger It is What It Is... said...

I loved Transformers...

and by the way - I finally got a chance to watch Norbit and it was off the hook funny. LMAO (I know, I know, I'm late)

ALSO - thanks for stopping thru for the party on Saturday, I'm sorry I missed ya'll - I was home sick with the flu...

JCroft

1:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home