Sunday, May 06, 2007

10 Weird/Unkown/Crazy Facts About Me

I first got this idea from reading the one JAC wrote and I also checked out the one TC wrote...

1. If you are around me for an extended period of time you normally find out pretty fast that I HATE CHOCOLATE. I mean like anything with chocolate in it turns my stomach. I don't even like the smell of it. It's just disgusting to me.

2. I was damn near 13 before I ever tasted chicken. Honestly! I was born with an allergy to poultry among many other things.

3. I am a huge fan of Michael J. Foxx. From Family Ties to all his movies through the late '80s to early '90s up until he retired on the show Spin City I have always liked him as an actor and feel like I grew up with him. To the point where I get sad when I see him looking sick nowadays.

4. I have a weird paranoia about flying bugs getting in my mouth. I can't eat without the room being lit well and if I see a bug flying in my house I can't go to sleep until I kill it. LOL.

5. Most people fall asleep when they get warm but I am the exact opposite. If I get hot I will be wide awake but if you get me in a cool or cold temperature then I will be out like a light. When I am at work in the computer lab with the AC blasting I STRUGGLE! If it's cold enough I will straight up fall asleep in mid sentence. LMAO.

6. I don't trust women. The way a lot of women think all dudes are dogs...that's how I tend to think about women in a general sense although I try my best to withhold judgement on anyone personally.

7. My favorite food is ground beef. I grew up eating a lot of it as a child so I have a lot of homemade recipes for ground beef so it never gets boring so it is definitely my favorite food.

8. I'm allergic to nuts but peas and seeds are cool. So I can eat sunflower seeds just like every other lil ghetto kid from "soufeas" but if I eat pumpkin seeds my throat will swell shut in no time. I found that out the hard way a long time ago.

9. I have a ridiculously good memory (shout out to JAC) but it works the best if it is things that are said. It's the way I learn the best also. Things I hear just stick with me and if you said it to me or around me trust me I remember it. LOL (it can be selective at times though)

10. Without my hair I look a lot younger than I really am. When people see old pictures of me they normally think I am a lot younger than I actually am in the picture. Pictures of when I was 14 look 12...pictures of when I'm 18 look 14, pictures of when I'm 21 look 18. I can't explain it but my sister has the same problem so it is definitely in the genes.

14 Comments:

Blogger T.a.c.D said...

5. ME TOO!!!! I can't stand being hot...i can't sleep, breathe nothing!

wow Dane i would never have thought that you didn't trust women, we shall have to talk about that...

12:06 PM  
Blogger It is What It Is... said...

First things first...the poultry thing is unbelievable...it reminds me or Rika...she doesn't eat chicken with bones...lol - Truly Incredible...

6. I don't trust women. The way a lot of women think all dudes are dogs...that's how I tend to think about women in a general sense although I try my best to withhold judgement on anyone personally.

OK Dane - that right thurrr is so extra...lol - you didn't strike me as that type when I first met you...geeze! I mean - Wow....lol

YOU have to do a post explaining this...you have too. Well you don't have too, but I'd like to know why...hell inquiring minds wanna know...lol - this is interesting...

Did something happen in a relationship? Really?

What do the women in your life who are important to you (aunties, sisters, mommies, etc.) think about this?

You have to do a post...LOL - School us on this my brother...

Do tell,
Jessi

1:54 PM  
Blogger Daneger said...

Inquiring minds want to know....LMAO! I guess the trusting women thing is a big one for ladies to hear. Maybe I will have to do a follow up post about that one. If I get some time, that is.

2:36 PM  
Blogger jendayi said...

3. Who would have thought that. That's definitely an unknown fact.

4. So you won't eat if the lighting is not good?

5. Yeah that's weird.

6. =( That's not good. Can you post more on this please?

9. I want some of that capability.

3:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dane, Michael J. Fox...wow...I had no idea. LOL

3:34 PM  
Blogger Daneger said...

Ok, hold up. So it's okay for women to think that way about men in general but not me of women....???? I'm lost.

4:45 PM  
Blogger It is What It Is... said...

Dane - I'm not saying its ok for us to think that way...but its so uncommon to hear that from a guy.

I mean, I have to keep it real with you - we have reason to think that all men are dogs (I know I just put my foot in my mouth by saying that...lol)

But its true, we are dealing with that issue on a regular for a number of reasons that I can't get into right now...but you have to give us more information on your views......you have to.

"You need more people" - lol

But seriously - I wanna know...I really do. This is interesting...

Do the POST Dane...you've got all week! hahaha! We're waiting...

4:56 PM  
Blogger Daneger said...

"I mean, I have to keep it real with you - we have reason to think that all men are dogs " Wow! See, responses like that might get me to write a blog but not the one you want. LOL.

5:08 PM  
Blogger It is What It Is... said...

Bring it on...

You're turning me into a regular visitor...bring it on...LOL

Better yet - I'm glad you are sparking this dialogue....

You know what Dane I've been thinking: You do a post about it...And I will link it to my blog and and do a post and I'll ALSO send it out to all the ladies in my email contact list...and some fellas to see what they think...get some feedback as to why we feel this way...

I asked my "male" friend last night if he had a dis-trust of women and interestingly enough, his response was similar to yours...

I also asked my brother and his response was similar...

We may be on to something here...

I'm waiting for the post - Get it together Dane...geeze! lol

10:24 AM  
Blogger Daneger said...

I want to write a post but it's hard to do a post like that withouth telling the world my personal past history and that's not something I plan to do. I will get the creative juices flowing and come up with something though.

12:21 PM  
Blogger T.a.c.D said...

here's my 2 cents on the matter:
men who are "out there-doing them" who are classifed as "dogs" if you will, are so becasue they were hurt...most men have a distrust (i wasn't surprised by that, just surprised to hear that from you Dane because you are such a "down to earth, rational dude" i wouldn't think you would put women in a "category" if you will...

but i think you can do the post without telling your story, then again, maybe you NEED to tell your story/share your testimony...it maybe the release you need!

2:30 PM  
Blogger Daneger said...

So, TC, are you saying that all men that don't trust women are out there being dogs and hoeing? I don't think that at all. In fact until your last statement I would have never even put the connection together although it rationally makes sense how one could lead to the other.

3:19 PM  
Blogger T.a.c.D said...

I am NOT saying ALL, I don't do generalizations (sp??) I can't that doesn't work, don't do categories...sorry...

that's my thinking though, a lot of women who do what they do, its a result of what they have seen or experienced...

a lot comes from what we are exposed to...and then what we ourselves experience

your distrust comes from an experience...

although you don't chose to whore yourself you still have that distrust based on your experience...some people handle things differently...

4:38 PM  
Blogger It is What It Is... said...

Work on the Post Dane...I mean you have a blog...your information is out there already. "Its the Internet" - LOL

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home