Monday, April 09, 2007

Thinking Out Loud

Last week the Mens NCAA tournament was won by Florida for the second year straight making sure I had absolutely no shot at winning any money in any bracket...LOL. Congrats Florida. 2 things about the champs:
  1. I think the Juniors at Florida were very smart by chosing to lose and I am predicting that Al Horford will be the best NBA player of the bunch. Yes I know Brewer came out and he has that defense that everyone loves but that's my opinion.
  2. I may be the only person in the country that thinks that Billy Donovan did the right thing by staying in Florida. I felt like going to Kentucky was a bonehead move and I am glad he didn't do it. Look at the legacies of most of the great programs...what was Carolina before Dean Smith, Duke before Coach K, UCLA before Caoch Wooden, and Uconn before that coach who's name I can't spell (LOL)? The legacy of those school were made by young coaches who came in and stuck around for 20+ years and the coaches legacy is just as important as the school...if Billy Donovan wants that type of legacy he has to stay at a school he can build up and not be under anyones shadow. There aren't many coaches who can live up to a school legacy like a Bob Knight...just look at Tubby Smith. Why do you think he went to Minnesota to start over huh?

__________________________________________________________________

Ladies, when you tell a dude he is too good/nice for you what reaction do you expect to get? I really want to know because I have been hearing that crap my whole life and in highschool it was confusing but the older I get the more frustrating it gets ESPECIALLY when I have had homeboys that have been telling my things like "you're too damn nice to women" or my personal favorite "you need to be hard on a ho" (I'm sorry ladies I think that's a hilarious phrase...no disrespect intended on my part, I told my sister the same thing about the dudes she dates. LMAO). When I hear a lady say I'm too nice I think "you have no self worth" and when they say I'm to good for them "I think they must have something underhanded in the works for me already". LOL. I mean it's almost comical because even if you think someone is to good for you...isn't the that person you want??? A guy who makes six figures doesn't get a winning lottery ticket and say "you know what I don't deserve this, let me give it to a poor man". NO, YOU TAKE THE WIN!!! What world do you live in were you don't want better for yourself...that's the american way! LMAO. I guess that's what they mean when they say nice guys finish last...I'm about to start slapping chicks or something. LMAO (just kidding)

__________________________________________________________________

Can people please let me know at what age you finally learned to hold your liquor? I mean everyone exceeds there limit from time to time and for a lot of us this happens in college. I have heard and made a few stories about putting people in tubs with the shower on and people throwing up but eventually it got to a point where people didn't do that anymore. When it comes to getting drunk adn throwing up...we are just too damn old for that shit!!! I ask because this past weekend I realized the hard way that when I go out to a club...everyone around me isn't on that same level as me and most of my friends. Here's the scene. I'm rolling to a club with my boy Mike to celebrate the birthday of a friend of his. I got on the blazer, I got on the button up, I got the button up open showing off my favorite T-shirt that is a picture of Miles Davis, I got on the fresh pair of $60 jeans (LOL), I got on my newest (not brand new) pair of Steve Madden casual joints and we are in the spot mingling and having a couple of drinks. Mike just bojangled his way in front of me to speak to a young lady that was giving me the eye so I'm stuck talking to her less attractive friend but it's cool (shout out to the boy Bone...LMAO).

So I ended the cordial conversation with the young lady and am enjoying the atmosphere when rushing thru the crowd comes two young ladies. One girl was pulling the other girl trying to get her to the bathroom but unfortunately for me she didn't quite make it. BUT she did make it to a point somewhere directly in front of my midsection...yep she unloaded everything right on me in the middle of the damn dancefloor. She got it on the blazer, got it on the button up, because I had the button up open she got it on my favorite T-shirt I was showing off that is a picture of Miles Davis, she got in on the $60 jeans that aren't so fresh anymore, she got in on the no longer new looking Steve Madden casual joints. LMAO! It's laughable now but Friday night I had fire in my eyes. When it first happened I was in complete shock and just stood there looking at myself as those around me (MIKE YOU PIECE OF SHIT!!!) started laughing and I didn't come out of my shock until everyone(including me) started to notice just how bad it smelled. That's when I broke to the bathroom where I commenced to try and remove this nasty mess off of me as those coming in the bathroom made jokes and laughed about the smell. The attendant gave me a bottle of cologne for free it smelled so bad....LMAO!

So I put on some of the cologne (what the f*ck what I thinking right) and went back up stairs but by now it is really sinking in and I am PISSED!!! Now everything that is going on around me is just irritating me...I'm yelling at Mike, I'm yelling at the nice young lady that was speaking to me earlier and I am mean mugging everyone that bumps me so after about 10 minutes of that and making sure Mike had another way home I rolled out. Mike you still my dogg though, thanks for the invite!!! LOL.

___________________________________________________________________

Easter Sunday was a great day! I love any reason to get together with family, especially if I get to see someone I don't ever see regularly. Church was great and the family was great...great way to end a crazy weekend. Thank the Lord! LOL.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha haaaaaaaaaa!

1. You're a nice guy = "you cool and I can kick it with you, but I need a little more." Trust me Dane, I am the expert at that shyt. I get hit with that ALL THE TIME!

2. The bama gave you a WHOLE BOTTLE of cologne? LMMFAO! You ain't tell me that Dane! That is some funny ish!

3. I agree with you about Billy Donovan staying at Florida. I won my pool, PIMPIN'!

4. Getting slizzard off the goose

5. It's always something memorable going on when you, Woo, and I go out man. Whether it's one of Woo's crazy comments, me wrapping a tie around my head partying, or you being the recipient of massive regurgitation. LOL.

6. I'm mad at your description of what you had on at the club. Sounded like you were about to say "I had the taco meat hanging out the top of my shirt..."

Ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

10:53 AM  
Blogger T.a.c.D said...

I don't know why some women don't like a good guy...hell why is that some men don't like a good woman...i think it all comes down to the fact that people are programmed NOT to trust, so when something seems "too good to be true" they would rather walk away from it then get hurt by it...they would rather deal with someone that visiably aint about shyt and deal with that choice and KNOWING what they are dealing with than deal with the unknown and really take a chance on that person that is better for them...

men/women are fickle...but don't change who YOU are...

some day, and soon perhaps, that RIGHT one for you will come along and truly appreciate you for who you are and want to be that good girl for you...

so just keep doing what you are doing...

in other unrelated news, i was supposed to be at that party too...yet again i dodged another one....lol

1:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"men/women are fickle...but don't change who YOU are..."

100% agree with that.

3:08 PM  
Blogger Balloon Man said...

I'd give my right arm to see that reply in slow motion. Dane you lucky I was out of town or I would have been there and got it all on film.

I really feel bad for you but at the same time it's funny as hell!!!

Hahhhhhhhaaaaaa!!!!!!

3:48 PM  
Blogger Balloon Man said...

I'd give my right arm to see that reply in slow motion. Dane you lucky I was out of town or I would have been there and got it all on film.

I really feel bad for you but at the same time it's funny as hell!!!

Hahhhhhhhaaaaaa!!!!!!

3:50 PM  
Blogger K.C. said...

Dane :(

I'm trying to figure out why you stayed for 10 whole minutes after this happened? LMAO. Did you think you could actually disguise/mask the smell/look of someone urling/chucking on you?

I'm so sorry though.

Nice guys get nice girls. If a heffa says that to you... she JUST AINT IT homie! Look at it as a save of time/money/effort.

4:42 PM  
Blogger Daneger said...

@ mikesee - Mike you high yellow piece of rat excriment I put the bottle of cologne back on the counter when I was done using it. I can't use it under normal circumstances anyway so why keep it?

@ TC - Yeah you did dodge one that night. As far as the nice guy thing...I definitely feel you on people being fickle as hell. That ain't nothing but the truth.

@ Randall - Yeah I could see you laughing at that one for a long time you prick. LOL. This bama got the nerve to say he is really sorry for me...HA! Yeah right...you probably laughed when you wrote that line. LOL.

@ KC - I stayed 10 minutes cause I know Mike didn't want to leave and he was riding with me. As soon as Jarron said he would take him to his car I was out. LOL.
And I have been working on something that I need to remember when dealing with people...especially women. When someone tells you who they are...believe it. I guess when I hear that statement that person is doing just that...telling me who they are. LOL.

5:07 PM  
Blogger Chance said...

I am not sure why a woman would tell someone they are too good for them. I personally don't think anyone is too good for me. Does that sound conceited? If it does oh well.

Beautiful blog!

10:09 AM  
Blogger jendayi said...

Wow. I'm sorry about that liquor/throwing up situation. If someone did that to me, I think I would have just left. Speaking off... why didn't you leave Dane? Don't you think that's kind of rude putting stinky self in the presence of freshly dressed/smelling looking people? LMBO. I'm just playing... but I still would have left.

"You're too nice.." hmm. I do think that you are extremely nice. You and I went through this before. (wink) I was so overwhelmed by your nicities that I had the nerve to say something that offended you. I don't know what it is Dane and I'm not even going to try to explain it for fear that you'll get mad at me again. =/ I do agree with you though. Females should expect to have nice men in their lives. I know that I deserve nothing less. I can't even imagine what I would look like being around someone who was mean to me. (Actually that happened to me...I vowed that I would NEVER be in a situation like that again.) I just think that once a female gets over the shock of you..it'll be all good. Just give it time and don't get so offended!!

Give me a hug Dane.

10:33 AM  
Blogger jendayi said...

just saw k.c.'s post and ur response. mike just would have been SHORT! this wasn't about him!

10:34 AM  
Blogger Daneger said...

@ tantrum - you would never say anyone was to good....I would never say never and since I don't know you I will leave the explaination off. LOL

@ JAC - (with my face turned up like 'here we go again') How about we just forget about that whole little incident on the boat ;-) I doubt I will ever understand why you feel how you do anyway but the whole not wanting to make Mike leave the club...that's an example of me being nice (even at my own expense). LOL.
The reason that I was last told that I was too good was because we had a conversation about cheating and she was surprised by the response she got from me. Fidelity seems to be rare these days. LOL

3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

DANE, stop faking negro! You know you couldn't make me leave the club unless I wanted to roll. You weren't trying to be nice. You were trying to see how bad the smell was so you could gauge if you could still holla at some ladies. NEGRO PLEASE! You no mustache having, with whiskers like a...My bad, flashback.

And stop using my own lines to diss me you piece of petrified skunk human bodily discharge!

Man I wish Woo was there for that.

8:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"And stop using my own lines to diss me you piece of petrified skunk human bodily discharge!"

I take that back.

I meant: "And stop using my own lines to diss me you piece of petrified skunk bodily discharge!"

10:51 AM  
Blogger Daneger said...

Nah, seriously I was standing there feeling bad that I was gonna have to make you leave. You saw how I broke out as soon as Jarron said he had you. Why do I need to lie?

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home