Thursday, June 05, 2008

"That's Okay With Me, That's Where They Made Me At"

If you know me personally you know that I am a die hard Lakers fan and have been as long as anyone around has known me. The question has always been how does a dude originally from DC that lived in MD and came into adulthood in NC end being a Lakers fan. Nah it didn't start with Kobe or Shaq even though that's what most people think nowadays...








It was actually Magic and Bird that made me a Lakers fan. See, my grandfather was a Kareem fan and since he had two daughters he shared his love for Kareems team (The Lakers) with his only grandson, your's truly. It just so happened that his grandson was born in 1979 the same year that a certain Ervin Johnson was drafted by the LA Lakers and revolutionized the PG position like none ever had and probably ever will.
So during the 80's when my grandfather was watching the end of Kareems career we watched the career of the best PG ever and that's what pulled me in.
Back in the 80's it was Boston, LA or dissapointment. LOL. Only other team to win a ring in the 80's was Philly and they played against LA...it was really like that.
So back in the day I was the only kid in the hood that was rocking a Lakers starter in PG county. LOL. And I was the only dude in highschool that absolutely hated MJ because of course he won his first Championship against LA (which I still say would have been a totally different series had James Worthy not went down in game 2). I'm may be the only person that still doesn't believe that Magic ever had HIV (he gotta be the only brotha that gains weight from night sweats...LOL). And because of the MJ era I had to sit thru 5 years (2000-2004) of people saying I was a bandwagon fan because Shaq was winning rings but you expect that from people just ask
MikeSee about P. Diddy and Ciroc. And now I not only get the chance to celebrate the greatest organization in the history of the NBA I get the opportunity to relive my childhood watching them go against our archnemisis... our enemy...our most respected foe at it's best...The Celtics. I CAN'T WAIT!!!! I feel like I'm 8 years old again!!!! Where the hell is that old starter jacket when I need it. LOL.

3 Comments:

Blogger A. B. said...

Aint no way you are getting them shoulders in that Starter jacket.

10:20 AM  
Blogger Daneger said...

LMAO!!!

10:56 AM  
Blogger T.a.c.D said...

men! HA! although i know a lot of females that are following this...but it is definitely like you all are kids again...of course i only say that be he thinks Kobe is the BEST player on the planet AND he loves the Celtics so to him this is the BEST match up so yea...and yea i am with ab...starter jacket, how about A NO

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home