Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Life ain't a Fantasy my A$$!!!!

Okay so sometimes things come and go into popularity and I somehow miss them completely. For some things the radar just doesn't go off and until this morning standing in line at 7-11 the same could be said about Fantasia, other than hearing her sing.
















Now I am not a big fan of Fantasia even though I do recognize that she can sing. The problem is that there is something about her that I just don't like. Can't put my finger on it but there is something. Probably the craine like jaw that scares me so much whenever she has her mouth open, or maybe it's the fact that I hate the way she got her career started through a popularity contest (still heated that LaToya London didn't win that year), or maybe cause I wasn't feeling that ignorant a$$ single "Baby Momma" that made all these little girls out here having kinds think "These days it's like a badge of honor to be a babies momma" (that line in that song pisses me off to no end).

But regardless of what it is that have prompted me to keep my distance from the craze my point was that I was in shock to see Fantasia on the cover of Jet with Loretta Devine and the mom from Antoine Fisher promoting her new movie. A movie that is based on her autobiography titled "The Fantasia Barrino Story: Life Is Not a Fairy Tale". WTF!!! I'm still in shock of this. Think I'm lying, check for yourself (http://www.jetmag.com/assembled/cover.html ).

Are we as consumers so enthralled by artists that we actually care about this sh!t. COME ON!!! I mean I heard the story about the rape and her surviving adversity but I also heard about the illiteracy too and correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't AUTObiography mean you wrote it yourself. So I don't even know if the story is legit to begin with. Life is not a fairy tale huh? Well it must be a fantasy then cause you got to be dreaming this sh*t up since you can't actually write it. LOL. And how the hell is an illiterate woman supposed to learn a movie script well enough to act it out! Even with it being her life she will still have to memorize lines to make sure the movie is done right ( I'm sure she has been taking classes but she's not 7, that sh*t don't come easy when you aren't as impressionable). I mean it wouldn't be so bad if she wasn't playing herself but as it stands right now everytime she opens her mouth I would have to look away. This sh*t is gonna give me nightmares.














Man I got way to much hate in my blood right now, I may need some counceling. LMAO!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dag Dane. I feel you on the unhingable jaw she got (can we say boa constrictor). But the girl can sing like HELL! And even though she wasted 3 minutes of everybody's life with that DUMBA$$ baby momma song (ni99orant shyt), I still give her props for being illiterate and making it that far. She should try a d@mn career in acting.

But her story is kind of a rags to riches type joint and people love those. Do you know how much my grandmother and her generation LOVES this girl. Older black women love them some Fantasia (I won't even start on her name). So why not make a movie about a girl who came up poor most likely, was a single mother, raped, got a shot at stardom and cashed in...All the while she was illiterate. So while I'm not gonna watch it unless forced, I understand why it would be intriguing to people.

Deep down everybody loves a good story. And you are wrong for getting on her and the illiteracy. You know all these autobiographies nowadays have co-writers.

10:44 AM  
Blogger T.a.c.D said...

and I would like to add...that she wasn't "totally" illeterate...now what that means I have NO clue...but she could read to a certain elementary school level...further, she has since been tutored and stuff AND She has someone help her write her book...

For the movie she has a lot of GREAT actresses willing to help her...and Debbie Allen directed the film, so with all that support YES you can get through a film..

I totally agree with that baby momma song...and I second the fact that older women love her...my mother bought tickets to go and see her when she came with Kem and Rashaan Patterson...she didn't care about neither one of them all she wanted to see was some Tasia (and YES the name is what it is...)

So that's my two cents for today...
She can sing, the book sold, the movie will be watched..she should go right ahead and keep it up while she can why not....LOL

2:24 PM  
Blogger Daneger said...

As long as ya'll know I am just joking around in the Blog we are cool. I have a copy of the album and like I said I respect the girls singing skill. I was just joking around. Anybody who comes thru adversity and makes something of themselves has earned my respect. But that doesn't change my sense of humor. NOTHING is off guards...what yo back n!99@!!! LOL. But for real I will probably see the movie myself because I watch EVERYTHING and my man Kadeem "Dwayne Wayne" Hardison is in it.

3:10 PM  
Blogger jendayi said...

LMBO!!! I love it because there's something I can't get with about Fantasia either. I love it when people say what I feel even better than I could imagine!!

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home