Tuesday, November 04, 2008

My 29th Birthday Gift!!!

Most people don't think of the 29th Birthday as anything special since it's not one of those milestone years like 18, 21, 25, or 30 but I am big on appreciating Birthdays no matter the age. So for my 29th, just like all the others, I wanted it to be special for me...naturally. Well this year I put my Birthday festivities in the hands of my girlfriend and let her do for me what she saw fit. Luckily I had already went all out for my girls Bday a month earlier (LOL) so she did all she could to make sure I had a great day (the entire day) but that isn't the gift I am talking about.

For most of my childhood there was something that I always asked for. It wasn't something material that my mom could buy me. It wasn't about money at all. It wasn't a specific action that anyone could do for me because there is no replacement for it...although some will stand up and make great efforts to try and replace it. On my 29th Birthday I got a phone call during the day while I was enjoying what my girl had planned out. The phone call was taking a long time and holding up the festivities but I really didn't want to get off the phone. I was happy carrying on my conversation. But for the sake of the plans I got off the phone. But when I got off the phone I realized then that I finally got what I always wanted as a child...

My father.

May not seem like much to many but for a lot of my friends who are like me and didn't have them around growing up and a lot of my friends who will never have a good relationship with theirs...it a lot to have. Nothing I could have recieved means more than realizing for the first time in my life I really am friends with my father.

Forgiveness is amazing...you should all try it out sometime.

2 Comments:

Blogger T.a.c.D said...

Beautiful Dane!!!!

2:56 PM  
Blogger A. B. said...

Young that is deep and I totally feel you on that brother

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home