Monday, November 03, 2008

The 361

I started purchasing CDs when I got my first CD player in my room back in highschool in 97. I was still transitioning from the tape deck in my car but I had already built a love for my music so I cherished all my CDs and took care of them over the years. To this day I have talked about my collection and how I actually purchased my CDs and yesterday I organized them (after being in my house for 2 years...LOL) and got to count just how many I have bought. Yep, 361 exactly...204 Hip Hop/Rap and 157 of everything else. Looking at all those CDs I noticed 10 things about my collection...

  • I own every Nas CD but his last 2. This is crazy to me because I will be the first person to tell you that I am not a huge Nas fan. LOL. I have even been known to say that dude hasn't made a complete album since the first one...guess I found that one out the hard way.
  • I own every Luda CD but his 2nd one. When I realized that I just had that WTF look on my face for a good 5 minutes. I like Luda but not like that. Just thinking about it makes me say...WTF.
  • I have 9 Stevie Wonder CDs. And that's only because I could find the others back when I was actively searching. Still pissed I can't complete that collection.
  • I have 1 Tupac CD and still regret making that purchase. Yeah I know that one won't be popular but it's the truth. Me Against the World just wasn't all that to me. Could have saved myself 12 dollars.
  • I own everything Jay-Z has put out. And I don't just mean his 10 albums (which I will come back to) but the "best of both world" CDs, the movie soundtracks, the joint with DJ Clue for the concert tour. All that shyt. And I still don't consider him my favorite. GOAT yes but favorite...ehhh top 3 or 4. LOL.
  • I own everything Little Brother and ColdPlay have put out. Anyone who knows me pretty much expected that though. LOL.
  • I have everything Lupe has put out. Not much as of right now but I pretty much guarantee that will grow.
  • I have everything Kanye has put out. Not much as of right now but I pretty much guarantee that I will end there. LOL. Yeah I am one of the 16 people out there that was dissapointed with his last album.
  • I have everything Game has put out. I honestly hope he isn't really retired.
  • I have every Common and Talib album but WTF happened to Mos Def. I dont even care to get his albums now. Sad...he was supposedly the best of these dudes. Sad...smh.

I know there are other people out there who still buy CDs...At least I assume so, even with the easy access of the internet. My days of hitting Best Buy every Tuesday are definitely behind me but I still enjoy hitting the store and ripping open the wrapping just like I did 10 years ago. I guess that's part of what makes me a true music fan.

I am interested in knowing if I am the only person still holding on to this insane amount of CDs though...Anybody else got a big CD collection?

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Dawg, do I even need to put anything up here about my collection. You know me. I have over 500 "real" CDs and considering the fact that I have only purchased 4 CDs in about 4 years, that says quite a bit. Downloading has helped me save some space because without it, I would have a room dedicated to just CDs & DVDs. Come join us skywalker.... we are waiting for you!

10:20 AM  
Blogger Daneger said...

No Doubt dawg. I knew you were a step ahead of me on the music. You probably got me on the movies now too because you got the side gig at bestbuy.

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home